Espiritu Santo’s Catholic Elementary School offers students a safe environment to learn, explore, and discover.
During their elementary years, we know that students grow in both competence and confidence while developing a heightened awareness of self as well as the world around them. Espiritu Santo’s curriculum focuses on developing the whole child by balancing academic fundamentals with creative explorations. Our primary focus on faith development and service leads young hearts and minds to a deeper and more personal relationship with God. We welcome you to live and learn in faith by the comfort of nurturing teachers and staff.
Here at Espiritu Santo, we have developed a curriculum for our Kindergarten through fourth grade Catholic Elementary School students that is designed to prepare them for their future, right from the start of their academic career. By the time Espiritu Santo students graduate into middle school, they will first:
- Learn fundamental concepts in math and science.
- Develop competence in reading and writing.
- Explore working independently and collaboratively.
- Grow in their faith through worship, sacrament and study.
- Enjoy weekly lessons in “Essential” subjects: Spanish, Media, Physical Education, Music & Art.
Monday through Friday, our Kindergarten through third graders are in the classroom from 7:50 am until 2:30 pm while our fourth through eighth graders continue until 3:10 pm.
Opportunities Outside of the Classroom
Catholic Elementary School students in grades K-4 have many opportunities to learn and grown even after the day is done. Extra-curricular opportunities after hours include:
- Faith Formation. Our academic institution allows for daily opportunities for faith formation through prayer, service, worship, and study as well as First Holy Communion and Confirmation preparation.
- ESCS has several on-going service programs with many organizations including Best Buddies, Pinellas Hope, 1,000 Works of Service, American Heart Association, and the Kimberly Home that we encourage students to take part in.
- Leadership opportunities are essential when forming a well-rounded student, which is why at our Catholic Elementary School we offer student council, National Junior Honor Society, Student Ambassadors, and Prayer Partners.
- Our students can participate in both Junior Varsity and Varsity athletics year-round including baseball, softball, soccer, track, volleyball, cheerleading, and golf and compete with other institutions in the area.
- Performing Arts. If your young child has an ear for music, in addition to their weekly Essentials class, they can explore music theory and dramatic expression in several extra-curricular programs to explore their passion.
- Clubs and Activities. After school hours, we give students of all ages a chance to explore their passions and interests outside of our Catholic Elementary School classrooms. Students can get involved in dance, chorus, band, boy and girl scouts, robotics, student council, and much more.
- As well as opportunities to participate in many Community Traditions such as golf tournaments, holiday programs, musicals, and talent shows.
Your Future Starts Here at Espiritu Santo Catholic Elementary School
At Espiritu Santo, we model our teachings after the Roman Catholic faith, provide an excellent Christ-centered education in a nurturing environment, and inspire everyone to serve just as Jesus did. Our tight-knit community believes in the unique gifts that every child has to offer. Students who choose to attend our Catholic Elementary School grow as both learners and leaders in our Christ-centered environment. At Espiritu Santo, we aim to challenge each and every student intellectually and encourage them to explore their faith. We also strive to inspire students through service to act as reflections of Christ wherever their future endeavors take them.
We are now accepting applications for young students for the upcoming academic year. For more information on our curriculum or student life, the application process, or to schedule a tour of our campus, don’t hesitate and give Espiritu Santo’s Catholic Elementary School a call today at 727.812.4650 to get started.